FAMILY SUPPORT TEAM
The Family Support Team covering Glossopdale and New Mills School is committed to providing support to ensure all children in the local area get the best start in life.
We understand that family life can be challenging at times and our aim is to support families when they experience difficulties. Advice and support given will support parents in their role so that their children can succeed socially, emotionally and educationally. We work with families in an open, honest, constructive way. We offer universal and targeted support, depending on the needs of the family.
The range of services we offer include:
How these services will be provided
- Parenting support – in the home and within school
- Signposting to other services
- Teenage support and guidance
- Managing behaviour and building family relationships
- Supporting attendance concerns
- Self-esteem and anxiety support
- Early Help Assessments including parent carer toolkit
- 1-1 to support within families
- Connecting communication between services to get the best outcomes for the family and young person
How to refer
- This is provided through an early help assessment which can be completed within school or within the family home or, if preferred, at an alternative setting.
- Workshops will support specific needs in response to what is required. This may include emotional resilience and parenting support.
- Targeted focused group work within schools.
Professionals will complete the internal referral form and send to the family support service on the email below.
Families – If you feel your family may benefit from our service please contact your headteacher, teacher or SENCO to discuss further and they can support you with making a referral.
Any enquiries to email@example.com
Further support may be found on the following websites
– Advice and Support for parents, carers and guardians as part of our commitment to working in partnership to keep children and young people safe.
– committed to helping the most vulnerable children and young people in the UK break through injustice, deprivation and inequality.
Derbyshire CGL is a free and confidential drug and alcohol outreach service for young people up to the age of 19.