Who are the governors?
What do the governors do?
Governors are responsible for making sure that the school is providing a good quality education for all it’s pupils. For Governors, raising education standards in our school is a key priority. Their key roles are to:
- Set aims and objectives within the school
- Set policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- Set targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- Monitor and evaluate the progression of the school towards the achievement of it’s aims and objectives
- Be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher (a critical friend)
Governors are one of the largest volunteer forces in the country and have an important part to play in raising school standards. The role of the governing board is absolutely key to the effectiveness of a school.