We have a number of staff trained in paediatric first aid.
In the event of a minor accident we would comfort your child and give them the necessary first aid treatment. If your child bumps their head we will send a letter home to make you aware of this. If an accident is more serious then we would contact you immediately, and if necessary we would contact the emergency services.
Please make sure that we always have an up to date contact number for yourself and any other emergency contacts.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and, in particular, protecting them from significant harm is the responsibility of everyone in the community and at school we take our responsibility very seriously.
Within school we will promote children’s health and welfare, including their emotional, social and intellectual development. We will do this by:
- Treating children as individuals, who are entitled to dignity and respect
- Promoting effecting partnership with parents/carers to improve children’s welfare
- Promoting the safety of children in all sessions
- Having safe recruitment practices for all staff, ensuring all staff have an up to date enhanced CRB check.
- Ensuring that volunteers are supervised at all times
In line with our child protection and safeguarding policy, if we have any concerns regarding your child’s welfare we would discuss these with you immediately, but we are under a legal obligation to report any incidences of suspected abuse. We would keep a record of any concerns. If you would like to see the full safeguarding children policy, please ask.