We feel that school uniform is attractive, sensible and economical, and creates a school identity. Although we accept this is not compulsory, we ask parents to encourage their children to wear the following:
- School sweatshirt/cardigan *
- Jade cardigan or jumper
- Grey or black trousers, skirt or shorts
- Polo shirt with logo * or plain polo/shirt
- Summer dress, green & white stripes or green & white checks.
- Appropriate black or grey footwear (not trainers)
* These items may be ordered from “Headmaster’s” New Mills. You may also order from Tesco and the school receives 5% of what you spend.
The children will need a P.E. kit, which should be contained in a drawstring bag. Summer PE kit consists of: white T-shirt, dark shorts and trainers.
Winter PE kit consists of: dark tracksuit bottoms or leggings, sweatshirt (not hoodie), white T-shirt and trainers.
Long hair should be tied up.
Girls should wear a costume and boys should wear swimming trunks.
Everyone may choose to wear an all-in-one swimming costume.
Boys can also wear a recognised swimming top.
Children with long hair will need to wear a swimming hat.
Please label all clothing with your child’s name.
Please do not send your child to school wearing jewellery.
If your child has pierced ears, studs should be worn. However, these cannot be worn during P.E. or swimming and you should complete a permission letter, which is obtainable from the Office or class teacher.